All Private Staff represented by Absolute Childcare must hold a clear, up to date FULLY ENHANCED DBS check.
We also encourage all applicants to join the DBS up date service.
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Update Service allows:
- Applicants to keep their DBS certificates up to date
- Employers to check a DBS certificate
The service is for standard and enhanced DBS checks only
(Applicants need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of six months to undergo a DBS disclosure). If the Nanny has been in the UK for fewer than six months, we endeavour to obtain a police check from their home country.
DBS checks can take up to 12 weeks to be processed, although most professional applicants will already have a fully enhanced DBS check which we are able to verify through the DBS site.
All offers of employment are subject to a clear DBS check.
We do not rely on DBS checks alone, they are a part of the vetting process. We also carry verbal reference checks , verify the applicants right to work in the UK and ensure they have the relevant documentation.
DBS Enhanced disclosures are not the same as a UK Police Check.
The DBS checks:
- Any criminal convictions, including those that would normally be considered ‘spent’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1997
- Whether the applicant is on ‘List 99’ (secret register of men and women who are barred from working with children)
- Whether the applicant is on the Protection of Children Act List
- Whether the applicant is subject to any Disqualification Orders
- Any other information the police consider to be relevant (this could include the fact that the candidate’s family has been subject to a child protection investigation).
As the applicant will be working in the employers home, the DBS check is only carried out on the Applicant, not on any other adults the applicant resides with.
The DBS is an executive division of the Home Office, established in 2002, in order to provide businesses employing people in positions of trust with a secure and streamlined recruitment process.
For further information please click either here